Monarch Publications, LLC

Monarch Publications, LLC is a publication and promoter of written and eBook publications. We offer authors an affordable method of publishing.

Monarch Publications, LLC was established out of the need to be obedient to a mandate put on author and owner Holly Spence to share with the world about servant leadership. Mrs. Spence released her first book “Servant Leadership The Heart That Serves” February 28, 2008 under the Monarch Publications, LLC label. Other works from Mrs. Spence include “Power of 10 Gaining Empowerment in 10 minutes, 10 words, 10 people” on July 31, 2008 and a stage play entitled “STOP! You’re Killing Me” scheduled to be performed November 2009 by the Out of the Box Production Company of Overflow Ministries.

Monarch Publications, LLC will be releasing later this year “Hidden Strawberries a life story” by Charlene Walden (a.k.a Pamela Snead) and “Flowing in the Spirit” a collection of Christian poems by Valerie Brown.

Monarch Publications, LLC is currently working with authors who will publish inspirational poems, stage plays, and Christian fiction.

Monarch Publications, LLC is committed to “Changing The World One Book At A Time”

Monday, August 12, 2013

Excerpt from The Secret of Holy Matrimony by Holly Spence


Excerpt from The Secret of Holy Matrimony a new release from Covenant of Lies Series Author Holly Spence

Per order your copy today

After spending the evening with Mrs. Cortell in the hospital, food is the last thing on my mind. I just want to go home and climb in the middle of my bed. After getting Mrs. Cortell settled at home I listen to the numerous voicemails that have been left on my cell phone. The last four were from Darius; the first message is him singing a song recorded by one of my favorite artists, Brian McKnight, “One, your like a dream come true, two I just want to be with you, three, girl it’s plain to see that you’re the only one for me and four, repeat steps one through three, five, make you fall in love with me. If ever I believe my work is done I will start back at one….” I continue listening as he sings all the verses. When the message cuts off he calls back and continues the serenade. I listen and giggle like a teenage school girl. Darius’ voice is just as rich and melodious as Mr. McKnight’s the only difference is Darius is mine. I fall in the middle of our bed and close my eyes. With every perfectly pitched note sung, it is as if Darius is there singing in my ear as he often does. Definitely its having the same affect. The hairs on the small of my back are raised and I can feel the tingle in my side I often experience when he touches me. 
By the time he reaches the end of the song and hits the high falsetto note, I am more than beside myself in thought of having my husband’s hands running all over my body. I pick up the house phone; unfortunately he doesn’t answer, but I leave him a message that left a lot to his imagination and will make him too, long to be home again. 
I have to come to myself quickly, knowing he will not be back for another night; I get up from the bed and begin to busy myself. “That’s enough of that Karen Chambers, getting yourself all hot and bothered.”

No comments:

Post a Comment